Cancel You GST Registration
We bet the best cost !!
Within a day
No Hidden Fees, Quick Turn Around Time
What is it? | Why Needed? | Documents Required | Service Package | FAQs
GST return is the details of sales and purchases along with tax collected and paid that a Person that needs to be filed on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis depending upon the business type.
What is meant by cancellation of GST Registration?
Cancellation of GST registration simply means that the taxpayer will not be a GST registered person any more. He will not have to pay or collect GST.
Consequences of Cancellation?
- The taxpayer will not pay GST anymore.
- For certain businesses, registration under GST is mandatory. If the GST registration is cancelled and business is still continued, it may constitute an offence under GST and heavy penalties will be levied.
Legal Brother’s has helped many businesses cancelling their GST Registration successfully for pan India locations. You may contact us to cancel your GST Return in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Kanpur, Bareilly, Lucknow, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Faridabad, Meerut, Varanasi, Srinagar, Amritsar, Allahabad, Chandigarh, Bareilly, Moradabad, Gurgaon, Aligarh, Jalandhar or any other cities in India.
Who can cancel the GST registration?
A. The Tax Payer
- When Turnover is less than 20 lakhs
- When voluntary registrations made under GST, can be made only after one year from the date of registration.
1. Cancellation when Turnover is less than 20 lakhs
Such a taxpayer needs to submit an application electronically in FORM GST REG-29, The proper officer, after conducting an enquiry as required, will cancel the
2. Cancellation by taxpayer in other cases
The business has been discontinued, transferred fully, amalgamated, demerged or otherwise disposed —The transferee (or the new company from
amalgamation/ demerger), change in the constitution of the business (For example- Private limited company has changed to a public limited company)
B. Cancellation by tax officer
The proper officer has to issue an order for cancellation in FORM GST REG-19 within 30 days from date of application. The cancellation will be effective from a date determined by the officer and he will notify the taxable person
The registration can be cancelled, if the taxpayer-
- Does not conduct any business from the declared place of business OR
- Issues invoice or bill without supply of goods/services (i.e., in violation of the provisions) OR
- Violates the anti-profiteering provisions (for example, not passing on benefit of ITC to customers.)
Revocation of cancellation of registration
Revocation of cancellation of registration means that the decision to cancel the registration has been reversed and the registration is still valid.
When is revocation of cancellation applicable?
This is applicable only when the tax officer has cancelled the registration of a taxable person on his own motion. Such taxable person can apply to the officer for revocation of cancellation within thirty days from the date of the cancellation order.
- A registered person can submit an application for revocation of cancellation, in FORM GST REG-21, if his registration has been cancelled suo Moto by the proper officer.
- He must submit it within 30 days from the date of service of the cancellation order at the Common Portal.
- If the proper officer is satisfied he can revoke the cancellation of registration by an order in FORM GST REG-22 within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application. Reasons for revocation of cancellation of registration must be recorded in writing.
- The proper officer can reject the application for revocation by an order in FORM GST REG-05 and communicate the same to the applicant.
- Before rejecting, the proper officer must issue a show cause notice in FORM GST REG–23 for the applicant to show why the application should not be rejected. The applicant must reply in FORM GST REG-24 within 7 working days from the date of the service of notice.
- The proper officer will take decision within 30 days from the date of receipt of clarification from the applicant in FORM GST REG-24.
Why Needed: Reasons & Benefits
The Features and benefits of GST Registration are:
GST registration is mandatory If an entity undertakes inter-state supply of goods or services whether or not the business crosses the annual turnover criteria.
Turnover Criteria reaching
Entities involved in supplying of goods or services with an annual aggregate turnover of more than Rs..20 lakhs
Irrespective of aggregate annual turnover, entities involved in the supply of goods or services through e-commerce platforms
Input tax credit
To get the authority to collect taxes from customers. and pass on the credit of the taxes paid to them.
- PAN card
Individual PAN card is required for registration. In proprietorship no separate PAN card will applied.
- Aadhar Card
For proprietorship registration, Aadhar card of individual for address proof (Voter id card may also work).
- Saving Bank Details
Bank account details are must. E.g.. Passbook fiRs.t page and latest statement, Bank account number, IFSC code and Branch name.
- Business address proof
Electricity bill, rent agreement or any other government utility bill
- Additional Documents
Voter Identity Card
Resolution signed by board members.
Identity and address proof of directors.
Memorandum of Association, MOA
Bank Account Statement with the recent transaction in that account
Articles of Association, AOA
Telephone or Electricity Bill for the place of business
Partners.’ names and address proof
Certificate of Incorporation
PAN Card of Company
Class-2 digital signature for the authorized signatory.
Frequently Asked Question
Who are exempted a GST Registration ?
The below listed taxpayers are exempted from GST Registration:
All the Agriculturists
Persons classified under Threshold Exemption Limit
People dealing in Nil Rated, Exempted, Non-Taxable or Non-GST supplies of goods and services
Persons making supplies covered under reverse charge
People indulged in activities neither counted in product nor services